This practitioner packet is designed to help community college administrators implement reforms to developmental education at their colleges. It reviews common impediments to developmental reform and presents data that supports directions colleges can take to create a system of developmental education that might serve students more effectively.
Included in the packet are the following publications:
- What We Know About Developmental Education Outcomes reviews rigorous research on the outcomes of developmental students.
- What We Know About Accelerated Developmental Education presents findings from four CCRC studies on accelerated developmental education.
- Designing Meaningful Developmental Reform synthesizes data from CCRC studies of developmental education and describes three case studies.
- Frequently Asked Questions About CCRC's Assessment Validity Studies addresses effective placement practices.
- Finally, a PowerPoint presentation presents key data points and questions to address when launching developmental education reforms.